[Kongnamul: soybean sprout, Guk: soup, Bap: cooked rice]
Kongnamul-gukbap (콩나물국밥) is a one pot meal made in a hot bowl with kongmamul-guk (콩나물국, soybean sprout soup) and rice on the bottom of the bowl. Instead of making this dish from scratch, I cheat by making this dish with leftover kongnamul-guk and rice. Although my method is unconventional, the kongnamul-guk is reborn into a sumptuous meal with only few ingredients within 10 minutes.
Ingredients (for 1 serving):
- 1 bowl, cooked rice (white or brown)
- 1 bowl, kongmamul-guk (콩나물국, soybean sprout soup)
- 1 tbsp. dadegi (다대기, seasoned red pepper sauce)* recipe below
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. crushed gim (김, roasted seasweed)
Dadegi (다대기, seasoned red pepper sauce):
- 2 tbps. gochgaru (고추가루, red pepper powder)
- 2 tbsp. gochjang (고추장, red pepper paste)
- 1 tsp. garlic, minded
- 1 tbsp. scallion, finely chopped
– Mix all ingredients into a thick paste
- Place a stone bowl or a Korean ceramic pot on medium high heat.
- Place the bowl of cooked rice at the bottom and pour kongnamul-guk (콩나물국) top.
- Carefully stir in the dadegi (다대기) without disturbing the rice at the bottom.
- When the soup boils, crack an egg in the middle and cook until the egg white are cooked.
- Sprinkle the crushed gim (김) on top and serve.